Wednesday 25 September 2013

The Question

Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?

I detest, loathe, down right HATE that question. There is no way to answer it in ‘correct’ way. Ideally in 5 years time (the realistic plan is 21 years time). I will be MD of my favourite company, I will be earning let’s say around £500,000 a year pre tax. I will have my house, let’s face it I will have 2 houses. A steady relationship, a car maybe even a driver!
If I say that I am considered an inappropriate greedy, selfish candidate.

If I say (not likely) but if I were to say I see myself in the same entry role I am in now, due to a lack of opportunity to progress and the need to stay in a job any job as the market is so crappy.
Then I am rude, ungrateful (potentially realistic), and definitely NOT going to get a job anytime soon.

So you need to be ambitious – but not overly.
Realistic – yet still ambitious.
Finally – be yourself (but the best version).


So...this is another question that I believe should be eliminated from the application process; When I rule the land of personnel I shall certainly be eliminating this question too!

No comments:

Post a Comment