Friday 13 September 2013

It's Time!!

So, my laptop is fully charged, my pencils are sharpened, and my reading list... has been completely ignored. It must mean it is time to start 4th year and frantically apply for Grad schemes/Jobs. While having a minor heart attack, and going prematurely grey just at the thought of 'Numerical Reasoning!'


Most graduate schemes open in late September(except a sneaky few that have opened their doors very quietly Sainsbury's I'm looking at you!) I am determined for us to be on top form with our psychometric test answers good to go! While we are on the topic of Psychometric tests I discovered a fantastic website with mock tests on it, I've discovered the key with these is not to get too engrossed in doing mock tests as they will no doubt drive you wild and you will end up getting so obsessed with them it’s borderline psychotic. When you get to the point where you are doing loads of mock tests it means you will not concentrate on the rest of the application which would be seriously unfortunate. Also it is a fact that when you then end up doing a psychometric test you will in fact not have any of the same or even remotely similar questions to the ones you have practised!  


This is the big cheese of aptitude tests with everything from decision making to mathematical and all areas in-between. The only one it's missing is 'Motivational' testing which I hadn't even realised existed till about 10 minutes ago while applying for a grad scheme I was asked what motivated me, in multiple choice format!!! 



If any of you have any bright ideas of how to make the application hell go a little quicker. Or indeed how to just get a job or career at the snap of a finger, or click of a Manolo Blahnik heel!  I would very much like to know...Please! 

Let me know how final year and graduation planning is going for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment